Application of expanded metal sheets:
- production of floorings and stairway stairs;
- variety of safety fences according to the requirements of Handling and Safety Advice;
- sealing of inspection and vent windows of machines, appliances, agricultural machinery;
- manufacturing of various packaging;
- screening of crushed rock;
- as reinforcement for plastering;
- manufacturing of lining at tunnel works in mines, etc.
- thickness of the processed sheet S, mm – from 3 to 6;
- width of the sheet T, mm, 500-1250;
- pitch of a mesh B, mm – 90;
- feed cutter step Б, mm – 6, 8, 10.
Detailed specifications of expanded metal sheets:
Thickness of a workpiece S, mm
Feed Б, mm
Pitch of a mesh B, mm
Thickness of a sheet S, mm
Dimension of drawing A, mm
Weight of 1 m2, kg *
* – Theoretical reference value.
Technical specifications and standards:
1. Expanded metal sheets are made:
– across the width – 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1250 mm;
– along the length – with random lengths from 2 to 3.5 m; with specific cut length within random one.
Note: in the delivery set it is allowed to be off-gauge lengths of sheets less than 2 m in an amount of not more than 10% of the batch weight.
2. Meshes of expanded metal sheet are arranged along the rolling direction of the sheet (billet).
3. Requirements to the geometrical accuracy:
– maximum deviations of EMS (ПВЛ) sizes do not exceed ± 10mm in width of the sheet, ± 25 mm in specific cut length of the sheet;
– maximum deviations in dimension of drawing, feed cutter step, pitch of a mesh and length of the mesh (3/4 pitch) in the finished product are not controlled and provided with dimensions of the cutting tool;
– cut angle does not exceed 1,5o;
– EMS (ПВЛ) has no flaws, stress cracks longer than 2 mm;
– at one end of the sheet unpunched section may be agreed with the customer (its width is specified in the order).
4. The delivery set includes:
– batch of EMS (ПВЛ) in the amount specified in the order;
– documents (certificate) for shipped products which should contain a trademark or a short designation of manufacturer, order number, identification mark of the sheet, date when the certificate is issued, confirmation of products compliance to the requirements of technical specifications, stamp of the Quality Control Department.
5. Expanded metal sheets are tied into packs. Pack weight should not exceed 5 tonnes.
6. Each pack of EMS (ПВЛ) is marked. Identification labels applied to metal and comprises:
– trade mark or a short designation of manufacturer;
– identification mark of the sheet;
– batch number;
– net mass.
7. EMS (ПВЛ) can be transported by all kinds of transport.
8. EMS (ПВЛ) can be stored in stacks in a horizontal position withkeeping the following requirements:
– packs are laid firmly on block kits with eliminating permanent deformations.
– height of a stack is determined by taking into account the stability of stacks, characteristics of loading and unloading facilities and safety standards;
– stack is protected from atmospheric precipitation.
9. The manufacturer guarantees EMS (ПВЛ) compliance with the requirements of TU U 271-13625948-002: 2006 following rules of transportation, storage and operation.
The warranty period is 12 months from the date of shipment of sheets to the customer. Shipping day is determined by the consignment note or any other accompanying document.
Manufacture price and delivery conditions are determined at the time of conclusion of the contract.